11.05.2009

Another Day

Another day, another day. I've been trying to think of something interesting for today. I think it's funny when the kids wake up and see frost on the ground and they say "snow". I try explaining frost to them, but each morning I hear snow.

We went and picked up a bookshelf for Ella's room yesterday. It's shaped like a dollhouse and is really cute. Got a great deal on it too. We then went to Home Depot to pick out paint for the laundry room/mud room and the lower level bathroom. Can't wait to get those rooms painted.

Ella just loves her new skirt that she got. (see photo below) Found it at Target on clearance and thought she could use a skirt since she doesn't really have any. She thought it was so cute. So cute that when I went to make sure she was tucked in bed Tuesday night she was sound asleep wearing her skirt over her jammies. Very cute. She wanted to wear it again today too, but I explained that I had to wash it and she could wear it again next week if she wanted.

The funny smile I captured on Sam's face was pretty funny too. I asked him if I could take his picture. To which he replied, "no". I did my fake wimpering and he runs over, stands in front of me and gives me his smile. The fake wimpering gets them every time!!

It's supposed to be really nice this weekend. They said 60 degrees on Saturday. I told Zan that we're going to empty out the storage unit. There are only a few things left in it, but we're paying for it. Then we're also going to get the garage organized. Must do that before winter. I will not hang out in the freezing cold garage. Nor will I try to hop over things all winter to get to what I need. So this weekend it is. Plus the Vikings have a bye week, so there won't be football to watch.

1 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa said...

Your daily blogs are always interesting. I am sure it is hard to get started sometimes, but we find the comments on the daily schedules and observations enjoyable. The dollhouse shelf sounds neat and will look great in the bdrm. Cute story behind Sammy's smile (yea he is a softy). Ella and the skirt is also a funny and cute incident. Sounds like a fashion girl and your never to young to start. We thought she looked "very in" in the skirt outfit. As for all the stuff you and Zan are doing don't forget to take a day or two off just to smell the roses. After all you guys must have been on a "no let down" schedule that must have started at least a week before the move started.